Following are success stories and testimonials from readers of College Grad Job Hunter:
College Student Quotes:
By far the best job search book for college grads. The details are what set it apart. It has given me insight as to how to approach the coming job search. THANK YOU!
- Kevin Smith, Buffalo, New York
I must tell you that although there are ENDLESS numbers of books that appear similar to yours in content, your book blows them all out of the water. No comparison.
- Jennifer Lilly, Huntsville, Alabama
I followed the information at your book almost exclusively, and I have eight interviews in the works (some are second interviews). One company said they called me in because it was the best resume and cover letter he had seen in ten years. Thanks a million, Brian!
- Dan Roberts, Boston, Massachusetts
I successfully used many of the techniques at your book to get (and ace!) a phone and subsequent on-site interview. I brought several letters of recommendation to the on-site interview along with examples of my work. They left a message while I was still en route home saying they would be willing to "tie it up" the following day. In the end, I GOT THE JOB! I hate to sound dramatic, but your book changed my and my fiancé's lives! Thank you for all your advice!
- Amanda S., West Seneca, New York
I wanted to let you know of the profound impact your book and ideas had upon my post-college graduation job search. Originally, my job search had been a struggle for a variety of reasons. After reading the information at your book, I not only found the inspiration to start looking for jobs skillfully, but also had a variety of ingenious tactics to employ while hunting. The infinite phone call tactics you exposed worked perfectly, and often got me through to important people who were looking to hire. In the end, I graduated from the University of Michigan with a job at a consulting firm already secured. Thank you for your book full of wonderful ideas. I have told all of my friends about your book. Everybody loves it!
- Greg Ekker, Sharon, Pennsylvania
Awesome! In fact, I would say life altering! Thank you!
- Maureen O'Brien, Glendale, Arizona
I am grateful to you and your book for providing me with the valuable information that I needed to get the job I have now. I wish I had come across your book sooner in my job search because there were a few positions that I believe I missed out on due to the fact that I did not know how to interview properly. After reading the advice at your book I was able to make myself a very desirable job candidate and I found a job relatively fast. I went to interviews with a whole new aura of confidence and style that I lacked previously. And as a result, I am now employed as an Application Engineer and I am really excited about this new job.
- Ian Jarret, Chicago, Illinois
An amazing book. I learned a lot of techniques on how to find an entry level job. These techniques are easy to learn, but difficult to find on my own. I love this book!
- Hua Shuxin, San Francisco, California
Your book really helped me during my job search. What I liked best about your book is that it is geared especially for people who had just graduated from college. Most other books assume that you have already been "out in the real world." I look back on some of my early interviews and cannot believe some of the things that came out of my mouth. However, with your advice, I prepared myself for any question the interviewer might fire at me. Finally, I interviewed for a job that I never thought I would get. The job was just too phenomenal. Yesterday, I got THE CALL and am starting at EDS on Monday. I agree that the job does not always go to the most qualified, but to the person who presents themselves the best. Thanks to your advice, I got the job!
- Christine Moreau, Madison, Wisconsin
By far the best book I've ever read on job hunting!!!
- Patrick Kokorian, Coral Gables, Florida
Your book made the difference in getting my job offer. Because of your techniques, I stayed in touch with the company I really wanted to work for. And it turns out that the guy they originally wanted declined the offer. So I received an offer and accepted. I just wanted to thank you for the inspiring book, because I would have given up if it wasn't for the information in your book.
- Kendrick Glenn, Bedford Heights, Ohio
Absolutely excellent. What I have read has opened my eyes. I have a new sense of confidence in myself. I believe now that I have the ability to find the "perfect" job.
- Ryan Redfield, Lexington, Kentucky
The best source of useful information available to recent grads, bar none.
- Jonas Salganik, Brooklyn, New York
A very valuable tool that should be given to every college student when they step onto the college campus. I wish I would have discovered this tool 4 years ago! Thank you for the knowledge!
- Kristina Dixon, University of California-Berkeley graduate, Alta Loma, California
Without your detailed explanations and suggestions on how to prepare for interviews, I would still be searching for my first real job. I was turned down 3 times by companies where I was qualified to do the job. I was at the point of giving up. You don't know how happy I was to find your book. You have given me the opportunity of a lifetime to work for Hewlett Packard. Without this book, I would probably have been eaten alive by the five person interview. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart!
- Mark Pham, Milpitas, California
The best $15 I've ever spent!
- Paul Erickson, Belleville, Illinois
Several tactics made a huge difference in my job search. I finally got a job at a CBS affiliate. So thanks to your help, I can continue my life after college.
- Mark Yost, Greenville, South Carolina
Thanks to Brian for helping me to understand what I really want for my career and then how to go after my goal.
- Tiffanie Doana, Orlando, Florida
Thanks to you I was able to go to interviews calm and cool, waiting and expecting the questions you had outlined at your book. I had to make a decision between two job offers and I start next week!
- Kevin Willis, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Direct, to the point and yet very informative, with a sense of humor.
- Eloise Grams, Lakeland, Florida
When I graduated, I did not have a job lined up. I spent about a month looking before my mother stumbled upon your book and told me about it. Within a month, using your techniques, I secured six interviews that resulted in two job offers (and I had to cancel three of the remaining six). The techniques presented for interviewing really gave me a lot of confidence. Thanks again.
- Mario Napoli, Clinical Programmer Analyst, Agouron Pharmaceuticals
Thank you very much for your great book. It is full of wisdom and good spirit. Because of your book, I had a thorough presentation for my accounting entry level job hunting. Last week I got a job offer from Ernst & Young. I am very happy. Your book helped me get ahead of most of my classmates.
- Vivian Liu, Jackson Heights, New York
I was happy to have found your book. It has helped me organize in my mind the sometimes overwhelming process of getting a job. It is the only book I found that met my exact needs. It covers the entire job search process instead of just one aspect or another.
- Danelle Kremer, Reston, Virginia
A great book, even for the international student who is looking for a job in the U.S.A..
- Satoru Kawasaki, Lexington, Kentucky
As a recent graduate of the University of Florida, this book contains all the information I that I have been looking for to improve my job hunting skills. I feel that every graduating Senior needs to read this book so that they can find the job of their dreams. This information should be a college requirement course.
- Nikki Edwards, Gainesville, Florida
The best job search book I have seen so far. It covers all aspects of the job hunting process. But most important of all, the information is written by a person who is actually involved in the field and not by a passive observer.
- Ganapathy Raman, Knoxville, Tennessee
Your book is the most complete, well rounded and most succinct I have ever read. Never ever give up. I was offered the position of my dreams last week. Thank you for all your advice in addition to the stories and eternal quotes!
- Charles Finkler, Washington, D.C.
Incredible!! This book is exactly what I need, as I attend a private school that lacks the number of students needed to attract a pool of employers.
- Greg Dzurik, Nashville, Tennessee
A great start for college grads and entry level job seekers. It has inspired me to change some of my outdated job seeking tactics.
- Stephanie Kline, Kingmont West, Virginia
The section on evaluating the job offer helped me to remain calm, cool and in control. As a result, I received vital information concerning raises and negotiated an excellent salary along with benefits!
- Sean Jackson, Lubbock, Texas
It's GREAT!!! There are a lot of great ideas in this book. It also acts as a confidence builder.
- Erin Kreibich, Longmont, Colorado
The book gives practical advice for those people who are not quite sure how to handle their first experience in job hunting (such as myself). Tips are enlightening and wonderfully detailed.
- Maria Yabes, Chicago. Illinois
My son used the information at your book and secured an excellent job. I am referring my other children to it as well.
- Anna Nelson, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Kristine Alvarez, Laurel Springs, New Jersey
An extremely helpful book. It's helping me get fully prepared for my job search.
- Troy Kaiser, Indiana, Pennsylvania
Purely motivating. I'm really excited about beginning my job search.
- Jennifer Woolridge, Blacksburg, Virginia
Excellent! This book should be required reading for all college freshmen!
- Andrea Mellen, Calumet, Michigan
There are tons of useful ideas that I have not found anywhere else. I am telling friends.
- Joshua Chambers, Rome City, Indiana
The absolute best book I seen to date. Very helpful.
- Pavel Maryska, Riverside, California
The most helpful book I've read on job search. Real world examples and solutions. Thanks!
- Melanie Delouze, Richmond, Virginia
Excellent, straightforward and honest. Tells it the way it is.
- Mike Metz, Elyria, Ohio
Very informative and thoroughly explores every aspect of the job search process.
- Erica Burkes, Birmingham, Alabama
Wonderful! Finally I have some direction.
- Rachel McClary, San Antonio, Texas
An outstanding book. The information ranks up there with many of the great books I've read in college.
- Douglas Hang, El Monte, California
Inspiring and filled with easy to follow advice. I was insecure in my ability to find a job previous to finding this book.
- Roel Langendoen, Camas, Washington
Very helpful. Answers a lot of questions I had in mind. The whole job search process looks more clear now.
- Gaye Karakurt, Laguna Beach, California
Fantastic! I've been a "Baby on the Doorstep" using your techniques!
- Colton Miller, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Inspiring! Full of terrific ideas and tips! Thank you!
- Terra Lockhart, Emporia, Kansas
Great book! I bought two--one for my college grad daughter and one for myself.
- Syd Wellman, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Very insightful and a great help for college grads.
- Joyce Kitayama, Pasadena, California
Infinitely beneficial in the long run. Great, honest advice!
- Jenny Boyd, Chico, California
Seems to have many practical tips. I am telling my daughter at school about it.
- Seana Miller, Tucson, Arizona
An excellent resource for ideas and planning leading to a job!
- Steven Rosen, San Diego, California
A great push in the right direction to finding my future!
- Melissa Williams, St. Louis, Missouri
Very helpful for college grads. I have used many of the techniques. I would recommend this book to every college grad.
- Dawn Ruzicka, Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
I love it! I would recommend it to anyone graduating from college!
- Marcie McGukin, Auburn, Alabama
Superb. It gives excellent detail on the behind-the-scenes viewpoint of the entry level job market. A must read for college students.
- Dain Seale, Roanoke, Virginia
This book is a must visit to every new college graduate out there.
- Rodney Devos Angeles, Milpitas, California
Wonderful! I've gotten some excellent ideas that will help me to stand out.
- Katie Hymans, Des Moines, Iowa
The book clearly states how to make you stand out amongst fellow job seekers.
- Matt Sonnycalb, Bellbrook, Ohio
Very helpful and insightful with lucid and practical insider-type advice. He is wonderful to write this sort of resource!
- Rina Dorfman, Baltimore, Maryland
Unique. The suggestions are very honest. Some things at this book I have not heard anywhere else.
- Matthew Creswell, Mission Viejo, California
Extremely helpful! I am taking "MK 481: Self-Marketing" in the fall, and this book is giving me a great head-start!
- Becca Tinik, Spangler, Pennsylvania
There is so much useful information on just about every page!
- Mike Keil, Menasha, Wisconsin
Extremely helpful for college students and recent grads. Highly recommended.
- Andrew Mauk, Hot Springs, Arkansas
Awesome! So many great ideas. It has put me on track with my job search. Thank you!
- Melissa Hyson, Panama City, Florida
The best career hunting material I've every read.
- Scott Schweizer, Stamford, Connecticut
Extremely helpful. It has given me a lot of tips that I never would have thought of.
- Danielle Brecht, State College, Pennsylvania
Incredibly helpful. It has encouraged my creativity and given me ideas that I would not have thought of doing.
- Brennie Sharpe, Hillsborough, North Carolina
A huge help to my job search. It got my butt moving.
- Aimee Cronin, Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Well organized and motivational. Extremely helpful.
- Jessica Huggins, Fox Point, Wisconsin
Very helpful and is giving me a lot of new insight on how to approach my job search.
- Clarissa Yu, Daly City, California
Very, very good. The best job search book I've ever seen. Highly practical. Thank you.
- Rich Lawson, Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Very informative. I read a lot of new ideas I have never heard before.
- Jennifer Rueger, Hampton, Virginia
Excellent book. It solved all my puzzles in looking for a job.
- Xueshun Teng, Harrisonburg, Virginia
A great book that got me thinking in a totally different way about the job search process. Thanks!
- JD Howard, Raleigh, North Carolina
Wonderful! I get more and more excited after every new technique.
- Brian Thornton, Norman, Oklahoma
A great book! I love the attitude and approach. Great new ideas!!
- Amy Boltinghouse, Shreveport, Louisiana
Every college Senior should have a copy as they begin their final year.
- Nadine Wedderburn, Palm Bay, Florida
A well organized book that contains invaluable information for students.
- Anthony Beeler, Athens, Ohio
The most informative job search tool I have!
- Jill Bates, Highland Village, Texas
The best book for college students and entry level job seekers that I have found.
- Robert Havlik, Bristol, Tennessee
The best job hunt guide specifically geared to college grads!! Very innovative and guaranteed to work!!
- Grace Kim, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
The best job search book out there for recent college grads. I'm so glad I found this book!
- Angela Chan, Fresh Meadows, New York
The most practical, reality-based employment book I have found.
- Henry Gerdes, St. Louis, Missouri
Packed with useful information. It changed my perspective--even though I know that I'm good, I have to get through to hiring managers and convince them.
- Stacy Mannino, Bergenfield, New Jersey
Out of the four other books I've read so far, this one is by far the most useful.
- Richard Gatten, South Charleston, Ohio
Very well written and very helpful. It has given me more confidence in my job search.
- Michael Klug, West Lafayette, Indiana
After reading the information in this book, I immediately put together a brochure about myself. Going into marketing, I thought it was a great idea. The company that hired me told me that they see hundreds of resumes that all look alike and seeing my brochure was refreshing. Thanks to Brian's innovative ideas, I got the attention we as college grads rightly deserve. Brian's ideas will work wonders for you. Use them wisely!
- Brian Stern, Boston, Massachusetts
All of your help and advice has been greatly appreciated! I just wanted to let you know that I just received an offer from a market research firm. I don't think I could have done it without you! Thanks for all the great support. You are the greatest!
- Angela Strickland, Houston, Texas
This book has done wonders in targeting my job search and improving my self marketing.
- Graham Morin, Hanover Park, Illinois
A great reference on the do's and don'ts when job hunting.
- Daniel D'Olive, Bronham, Texas
- Robin Michaels, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Super! Very impressed with your ability (and willingness) to share what you know about the job hunt. Must admit to mixed emotions about sharing with others in the same job market!
- Larry Kinsler, Kingsport, Tennessee
The best job search book I have ever found.
- Eric Lo, Knoxville, Tennessee
I love all the tips and imaginative ideas!
- Bryanna Taube, East Lansing, Michigan
An excellent book. I only wish I had known about it before I graduated!
- Deirdre Phillips, Walnut Creek, California
Interesting and useful. Although I am an "adult" grad, I find this book offers helpful advice others do not.
- Sonja Van Hoose, Fruitland, Maryland
A great reference guide. I only wish I had discovered it earlier in my college career!
- Michele McAfee, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Very informative, very helpful. I found new techniques and tips that will greatly improve my chances of being hired in the company of my choice.
- Barbara Roxas, Roseville, California
Provides much insight and useful information as opposed to the same old same old.
- Beth Beaty, Martin, Tennessee
Insprirational and unique. I feel inclined to trust the information in this book and ignore the others.
- Vu Phan, Edison, New Jersey
Excellent!! The book presents a lot of new ideas and approaches to finding a job. I now feel more confident about my job search.
- Veronika Sonsev, Germantown, Maryland
Great advice on networking. It's an excellent book. It's really helpful for a recent college graduate like myself.
- Jaruwan Taylor, Richmond, California
Insightful, interesting, helpful, overall excellent.
- Peter Chen, Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
I have thoroughly enjoyed this book. It has provided me with a wealth of information and tips. Thanks Brian Krueger!
- Angela Gustavson, Daytona Beach, Florida
I love your book. It's been very helpful in starting my hunt!
- Cheryl Liem, Hayward, California
I love and truly appreciate ALL of the information you have provided in this book! You can be assured that I will recommend your book to all of my friends/colleagues.
- Joseph Patella, Tampa, Florida
It's a damn shame I hadn't discovered this book earlier!
- Charlene Stoy, Hooksett, New Hamphire
This book has helped to calm my nerves about my upcoming graduation.
- Crystal Woodring, Marietta, Georgia
I would first like to say that I love your book. I found it very informative and extremely helpful. While I haven't found a job yet I'm a little closer today than I was yesterday.
- Charlie Hurka, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
I really appreciated the free advice you have on the Web site - especially the audio-video section. Keep up the good work and thank you so much for giving me confidence about the interview process.
- Ahmed Muhsin, Ithaca, New York
Thank you guys. This book has helped me a lot in my job interviews. I am currently working as a technical support for a company and I decided to write you and thank you for making this book because it helped me a great deal to prepare for the interview for this job after college. Thank you again.
- Victor James, Seattle, Washington
Career Center and Professor Quotes:
Just a quick note to express my "Wow!" about your book. I teach business communication at the University of Toledo and I was amazed at the incredible resources you have to offer. I have already recommended that all my students read the material in your book. Your advice is so practical and I appreciate your "tell it like it is" approach. Keep up the great advice!
- Kirsten Lee, Assistant Professor, University of Toledo
Excellent. This book embodies the same philosophies that we try to communicate to our students.
- Debbie Garrick, Career Services, Winthrop University, Rock Hill, South Carolina
This book is an essential, practical job searching resource for all college students and their counselors. It provides the reader with comprehensive, innovative and successful job search techniques that are on the cutting edge for the new millennium. This book is still the best I have seen on job market skills in the past 10 years.
- Karen Ham, Director of Career Planning, SUNY Potsdam, Potsdam, New York
I would like to commend you and your staff for producing such a worthwhile publication pertaining to job search techniques for college students. As a professional, I found the material to be extremely useful. Please continue your great works and thank you for sharing your information so graciously with all job seekers.
- Manzeta Jackson, Ph.D., Director, Counseling and Career Services, Ursuline College, Pepper Pike, Ohio
This book is terrific. It reinforces many things I tell students.
- Professor Richard Putnam, SUNY Westchester Community College, Valhalla, New York
This is an excellent book for college students of all classifications. I will definitely recommend it!
- Bubba Fender, Director, Career Services, Arkansas Tech University
I enjoyed your book! You're down to earth, get to the point manner is refreshing for our college Seniors.
- Gail Clark, Director of Career Services, Siena Heights College, Adrian, Michigan
We have a link and we use your text College Grad Job Hunter in all of our PSY Job Seeking Skills Classes and my senior Hospitality Management Classes. It is great and I appreciate having a book college students can identify with.
- Rusty Anderson, Director, Career Planning and Placement, University of Southern Mississippi
Our office just loves your site and today I added your logo on our home page for our career center. I think the book is absolutely marvelous, thus put a separate link to it. But the book itself is so nice with all the chapters outlined in such nice detail. Again, it is a wonderful site that I refer our students to constantly.
- Marie Harris, Career Advisor, University of Wisconsin at Superior
Thank you for your support and endorsement of our mission as career center professionals. I am grateful that you responded to the "call" in creating your excellent site.
- Kushi Jones, Director, Student Employment and Career Services, California Baptist University
Thanks for your support and the service you provide our center, as well as our students. I appreciate the collaboration. We have been linked to you for years and hope to continue for many more.
- Neal W. Vickers, Ed.D., Associate Dean / Director, Career Services Center Arkansas State University
I just want you to know how much I appreciate your understanding of and support for the role of college career centers.
- Tina Loudon, Director, Career Services, Western Washington University
Thanks for your supportive comments and your enlightened position relative to career services. And for the valuable resources on your site, to which I send students on a regular basis.
- Chuck Lower, Director of Career Services, Arcadia University
My hat is off to you for supporting college career centers.
- Patricia Jacobs, Director, Career Center, Belmont University
Thanks very much for maintaining a strong partnership with college career centers. I really appreciate it.
- Albert Harrison, Director, Internship and Career Center, University of California, Davis
As always, your site is linked from ours. Keep up the good work!
- Mark Reed, Career Counselor, California State University, Hayward
We do have you linked on our webpage as a resource for our students. I think it is an excellent tool for our students.
- Marion Hill, Director, Career Services, Dallas Baptist University
There is a difference between "getting a job" fresh out of college and getting "the right job." The right job becomes the catalyst to a career that progresses in an exciting yet logical fashion, rather than a career filled with starts and stops. College Grad Job Hunter is just what the doctor ordered to help in identifying and attaining "the right job."
- Dan Anhalt, Director of Recruiting, Kohl's Corporation
You have tapped into many of the techniques that it has taken others a lifetime to learn and then capsulized them into a highly workable format. I would strongly encourage anyone seeking a true competitive advantage to take full advantage of the contents of your book.
- Justin Strom, President, The Overton Group
I just wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I enjoyed your book. As a former marketing consultant, I concur with your techniques, tips and tactics. Your suggestions are the best I've seen in terms of marketing individuals--which is really what obtaining a job is about. The details, suggestions, and research are evident throughout every page. This is the best book on the subject I've ever read.
- Sharon Goldinger, President, PeopleSpeak
College Grad Job Hunter truly hits the mark for the college student of the 21st century. This book should be in the hands of every college student who is serious about finding a great job and every parent who wants to help with the process. It helps the student with specific strategies to jumpstart their job search. And it helps the parents understand what steps need to be taken and what they can do to help. Your concepts of how to get started and then how to carry the search through to successfully completion provide a tremendous opportunity for the student. Highly recommended.
- Tom McElwee, Director – Quality Performance, MGIC Investment Corp.
I have taken the opportunity to review your book, College Grad Job Hunter, and want to compliment you on a job well done. The book offers an outstanding map for job seekers to follow as a means of securing that "just right" position. It should be a godsend to any and all recent graduates at any level to help them prepare for the selection process.
- Robert Hutchison, Senior VP, Human Resources, First Bank
Your book is the best tool I have found that will give today's college grad the "Win! Win!" results to connect with top level positions in today's highly competitive job market. I have started circulating your book between my three grandsons, who will all be graduating in the next four years.
- Richard Sovitsky, Former President, Everbrite Company
The author is a hiring manager who imparts the underlying reasons for employment success or failure: his insights include advice on how to make a difference in the selection process. Over 200 techniques on how to find an entry level job. Don't miss this!”
- Midwest Book Review
Outstanding! Down-in-the-trenches techniques from the person who can hire you!
- Martin Yate, author of "Knock 'em Dead"
College Grad Job Hunter delivers real-life strategies that are practical and on target for any college student who is serious about getting a great job.
Joan Lloyd, syndicated career columnist
With the austerity moves practically every company has undertaken, it's a very challenging job market for newly minted college graduates. Creating a resume, writing a cover letter, using the Internet, working job fairs, creating networks--landing that first career step can be a daunting process. No graduate should hit the job trail without the knowledge in this book.
- The Orange County Register, It’s Your Business section
…and there are many, many more success stories just like these. Make a success story of your own!