Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Costume Attendants: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
What Costume attendants Do
Select, fit, and take care of costumes for cast members, and aid entertainers. May assist with multiple costume changes during performances.
Costume attendant Salaries
- 2020 employment: 5,400
- May 2021 median annual wage: $47,850
Job Outlook for Costume attendants
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 2,400
- Growth rate: 44 percent (Much faster than average)
How to Become a Costume attendant
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.