Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Funeral Attendants: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
What Funeral attendants Do
Perform a variety of tasks during funeral, such as placing casket in parlor or chapel prior to service, arranging floral offerings or lights around casket, directing or escorting mourners, closing casket, and issuing and storing funeral equipment.
Funeral attendant Salaries
- 2020 employment: 42,300
- May 2021 median annual wage: $29,230
Job Outlook for Funeral attendants
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 1,400
- Growth rate: 3 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become a Funeral attendant
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.