Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers: Career Information
Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers
What Ushers, lobby attendants, and ticket takers Do
Assist patrons at entertainment events by performing duties, such as collecting admission tickets and passes from patrons, assisting in finding seats, searching for lost articles, and helping patrons locate such facilities as restrooms and telephones.
Usher, lobby attendant, and ticket taker Salaries
- 2020 employment: 81,500
- May 2021 median annual wage: $24,440
Job Outlook for Ushers, lobby attendants, and ticket takers
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 50,400
- Growth rate: 62 percent (Much faster than average)
How to Become an Usher, lobby attendant, or ticket taker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.